Roger Bush, MD, MACP, SFHM
Hamline University BA Chemistry and Biology
What inspired you to pursue medicine?
Hearing stories, vicariously absorbing experience
What are your passions and hobbies outside of work?
Family, sailing the Salish Sea, running, bird dogs, and perfecting the fruit pie
What do you enjoy most about practicing in the Snohomish County and Everett area as well as its community?
Diversity of culture, open minds
What would you do if you hadn’t pursued medicine?
Some kind of hands-on trade. I like to work with tools and gizmos.
- Potts J, Thompson R, Merchant R, Ciemins EL, Bush RW, Anderson RA, Lindberg C. Learning: Contemplating the Unexamined Core of Learning Health Systems. Learn Health Sys 2017;e10036 http://D.C.doi.org/10.1002/lrh2.10036
- Bush RW, Burkhart AV, Kunz JV. Safe and Sustainable Workflow: SBARing Duty Hours. Chapter 7.8 p 397-404 The Toolkit Series: A Textbook for Internal Medicine Education Programs. 12th Edition. 2017 Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine
- Bush RW, LeBlond RF, Ficalora RD. Establishing the first residency program in new sponsoring institutions: addressing regional physician workforce needs. JGME 2016;8(5):655-661
- Smith CS, Morris M0, Francovich C, Tivis R, Bush R,Sanders SS, Graham J, Niven A, Kai M, Knight C, Hardman J, Caverzagie K, Iobst W. A multisite, multistakeholder validation for the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies. Acad Med 2013;88: 1-5
- Caverzagie KJ, Iobst WF, Aagaard EM, Hood S, Chick DA,Kane GC, Brigham TP, Swing SR, Meade LB, Bazari H, Bush RW, Kirk LM, Green ML, Hinchey KT, Smith CD. The Internal Medicine Reporting Milestones and the Next Accreditation System. Ann Intern Med 2013;158(7):557-559
- Bush RW. Safe and Sustainable Workflow: SBARing Duty Hours. Chapter 7.5 p 349-355 The Toolkit Series: A Textbook for Internal Medicine Education Programs. 11th Edition. 2013 Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine
- Bush RW. Resident Sleep Deprivation and Fatigue. Chapter 8.6 p 343-346 The Toolkit Series: A Textbook for Internal Medicine Education Programs. 10th Edition. 2012 Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine.
- Palermo CO, Cole JL, Bush RW. The chief medical resident and duty hour requirements. Chapter 7, p 30-34. The Toolkit series: A Textbook for Today’s Chief Medical Resident, 20th Edition. 2012 Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine.
- Bush RW, Nasca TJ. Clinical Faculty Perceptions, Academic Culture, and the Future of Medical Professionalism. JGME 2010;2(3):488-489
- Bush RW. Supervision in medical education: logical fallacies and clear choices. JGME 2010;2(1):141-143
- Bush RW, Philibert I. Making Sense: Duty hours, work flow, and waste in graduate medical education. JGME 2009;1(2):322-326
- Mladenovic J, Bush R, Frohna J. Internal Medicine’s Educational Innovations Project: improving health care and learning. Am J Med 2009;122:398-404
- Bush RW. Reducing Waste in US Health Care Systems. JAMA 2007;297:871-874
- Bush RW, et al: The Internal Medicine Program Requirements-Too many laws? ACGME
Roger Bush, MD, MACP, SFHM
Associate Program Director