The mission of Student Affairs is to assist in helping students succeed as a medical student, a professional and an individual from acceptance to practicing physician. We contribute to the mission of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine by providing holistic support and guidance to help students achieve their highest potential to learn, lead, serve, and care for patients and their community.
To cultivate a student-centered environment that strives for inclusivity, excellent service and commitment to student successes and personal growth in their preparation to be health care leaders.
Scope of service
- Financial education and literacy
- Social connectedness to classmates and communities across Washington State
- Student wellness programs and services
- Preparation assistance for residency match and transition to residency
- Clinical onboarding and compliance monitoring
- Student support and advocacy
- Promotion of inclusive environments with respectful dialogue
- Celebrations of student successes and milestones
Contact the Office of Student Affairs by emailing EFLOStudentAffairs@wsu.edu or calling 509-368-6534.
We partner with the WSU Health Sciences Spokane Student Affairs Office to provide student services including counseling, learning assistance, tutoring, accommodations, financial aid, health and fitness resources, leadership and community engagement opportunities, and more.
The College of Medicine Student Affairs is part of the larger Office of Admissions, Student Affairs, and Inclusion.
Office of Admissions, Student Affairs, and Inclusion team led by:
The College of Medicine Student Affairs team includes:
Lisa Burch-Windrem, M.Ed
Interim Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Kyle Holbrook, MA
Student Affairs Program Specialist
Student Affairs Program Assistant