The information and policies contained in this handbook apply to medical students at Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine (ESFCOM) at Washington State University. ESFCOM medical students are covered by the general policies of Washington State University, which apply to all students at the University.
This publication has the limited purpose of providing information concerning the medical degree at ESFCOM. This publication should not be construed as an offer or contract between the ESFCOM or University and any person. ESFCOM and the University has the right to amend, add, or delete any information in this publication, including any course of study, program fee or regulation of the University. Policies and regulations listed in this handbook are subject to change at any time throughout the academic year. Announcements of such changes are made on a routine basis within the University and ESFCOM. Students are responsible for staying up-to-date on the student handbook updates.
Section I: General Information
Section II: Requirements and Policies
Section III: Academic Policies
- University Academic Policies
- University Academic Integrity
- ESFCOM Student Evaluation, Promotion and Awards Committee (SEPAC)
- ESFCOM Student Assessment Plan
- Professionalism in the Curriculum
- Timely Release of Grades
- Attendance Policy
- MSPE – Medical Student Performance Evaluation (For Post-Graduate Training)
- Awards and Honor Society
- Leave, Withdrawal and Readmission