Clinical Clearance and College Compliance Requirements
Additional requirements of the clinical sites and the university include:
- Respirator mask fit testing results
- PAPR online video training
- 10-Panel Drug screening
- Background checks
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Training
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Training
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training
- ESFCOM Handbook Signature page to verify students have read the ESFCOM Student Handbook
- Confidentiality Statement
- Photo Consent Form
- Student Emergency Contact Form
CastleBranch will work directly with each medical student to upload the students’ immunization record and other required documentation into CastleBranch which is secure and HIPAA and FERPA compliant. As part of their signed agreement to utilize CastleBranch services, the students certify they agree to a release of information to allow CastleBranch to share information with specific personal at the ESFCOM office of Student Affairs and clinical sites assigned. Medical school faculty and staff members who have a role in evaluation of students do not have access to student records via CastleBranch and/or to be allowed to receive email updates from CastleBranch concerning any student.
In addition, CastleBranch will store: Proof of personal health insurance and general and professional liability insurance.