Instructions for Changing Your Name
If students need to change their name, the instructions are below. WSU Payroll facilitates the update of your name change throughout WSU system. Here is the payroll name change page.
- Complete the name change form
- If you want to change your WSU email, you must contact WSU Pullman IT or call 509-335-4357. They will update your email at your request and provide a new Network ID.
- Email Office of Admissions and Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name change that includes the following information: Previous legal name, updated legal name, and new Network ID (if applicable)
- Student Affairs will inform these offices of the name change: Assessment, Evaluation, Curriculum, IT, appropriate Associate Dean of Clinical Education, Finance, Dean’s Office, Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences (DMECS), and all college student affairs staff
- If you want to purchase a new Cougar Card or Name Badge with your updated name, visit WSU Health Sciences Spokane Student Affairs on the first floor of the Student Academic Center (SAC) and email email@example.com to request your card access be transferred to your new card.
- Here are additional places you may need to update your name. We recommend you begin with Social Security:
If you have any questions about updating your name, please contact Office of Admissions and Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-368-6827.