Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Student Handbook

Instructions for Changing Your Name

If students need to change their name, the instructions are below. WSU Payroll facilitates the update of your name change throughout WSU system. Here is the payroll name change page.

  • Complete the name change form
  • If you want to change your WSU email, you must contact WSU Pullman IT or call 509-335-4357. They will update your email at your request and provide a new Network ID.
  • Email ESFCOM Student Affairs at with your name change that includes the following information: Previous legal name, updated legal name, and new Network ID (if applicable)
    • Student Affairs will inform these offices of the name change: Assessment, Evaluation, Curriculum, ESFCOM IT, appropriate Associate Dean of Clinical Education, ESFCOM Finance, Dean’s Office, Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences (DMECS), and all ESFCOM student affairs staff
  • If you want to purchase a new Cougar Card or Name Badge with your updated name, visit WSU Health Sciences Spokane Student Affairs on the first floor of the Student Academic Center (SAC) and email to request your card access be transferred to your new card.
  • Here are additional places you may need to update your name. We recommend you begin with Social Security:

If you have any questions about updating your name, please contact ESFCOM Student Affairs at or 509-368-6827.