Process for International Experiences
- Medical students must meet with the ESFCOM Office of Student Affairs before pursuing an international experience. Please contact Danny Teraguchi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In preparation for the meeting you can search for credit bearing opportunities via the Study Abroad website for general information. You may also consult a global learning advisor about education abroad or information about setting up your own international experience. To make an appointment, please call 509-335-6204 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Non-curricular international experiences must also be approved by the ESFCOM Office of Student affairs.
- Once a non-curricular experience is approved, ESFCOM students must complete the International Travel Registry and purchase international travel and health insurance.
- For faculty interested in leading students abroad, please refer to this website.
- If faculty are planning to involve medical students in international experiences that including curricular and non-curricular experiences, they need to meet with ESFCOM Office of Student Affairs to ensure all requirements are completed for medical students to travel abroad.
- ESFCOM faculty traveling abroad must register their travel with the International Travel Registry.