The order in which MS CPD students take courses, and the total required credits, varies depending on the type of BS degree and other related courses on individual transcripts. Below are degree plans that serve as a starting point for each type of bachelor’s degree. Advising plans will be individualized for each student by the MS CPD Director and NEP Academic Coordinator.
For official NEP course descriptions, see the WSU catalog.
- Minimum of 40 graduate-level credits
- 440 Supervised Practice hours in Clinical Nutrition
- 200 Supervised Practice hours in Food Service Management
- 180 Supervised Practice hours in Community Nutrition
- 180-hour Exercise Practicum
- MS CPD Exit Exam
- ACSM-EP certification or Exercise Departmental Exam
Exercise Certification Details
Students coming from the BS NEP Program must provide a copy of their ACSM-EP® certification, or take the Exercise Departmental Exam, which needs to be completed no later than the first semester after admission into the MS CPD. Non-BS NEP graduates with a background in exercise science must have the ACSM-EP® certification or take the Exercise Departmental Exam no later than the first semester after admission into the CPD. Non-BS NEP graduates with a background in nutrition must take the Exercise Departmental Exam after the student has completed NEP 490 Exercise Internship. Non-BS NEP graduates are eligible to sit for the national ACSM-EP® certification exam following graduation from the MS CPD NEP, if desired.
- The student needs to give a copy of the ACSM-EP® Certificate to the MS CPD director to be kept on file or receive a passing score (≥70%) on the Exercise Departmental Exam, per ACEND guidelines and requirements.
MS CPD Accreditation
Program is accredited from December 1, 2020 – December 31, 2028 by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
ACEND contact information:
120 South Riverside Plaza, Ste 2190
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
(800) 877-1600 ext. 5400
NEP Academic Coordinator