Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
Description of the Department
The Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology (NEP) combines study in human nutrition, exercise physiology, and biological sciences along with population, social and psychological sciences. Opportunities for research and applied, practical experiences are the core of the instructional methods for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Mission of the Department
The Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology seeks to promote the health of individuals and communities through research, teaching, and service activities in human nutrition and exercise physiology, and the application of these sciences in academic, clinical, public health, and industry settings.
The Objectives of the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology are:
- To train and prepare students for professional roles in promoting the optimum health and wellness of individuals and diverse communities through the application and integration of nutrition, dietetics, and exercise education, research, and service.
- To conduct advanced research in areas related to nutrition and exercise physiology and mentor junior researchers who will become future thought leaders in the field.
- To prepare students for professional credentialing in health care vocations with emphasis in nutrition and dietetics, exercise physiology, health promotion, disease prevention and related specialties.
Department of Nutrition & Exercise Physiology
Spokane Health Education and Research Building
- Nutrition and Exercise Physiology – Overview
- NEP Chair’s Welcome
- BS Nutrition and Exercise Physiology Overview
- MS CPD Nutrition and Exercise Physiology Overview
- New Graduate Programs – Fall 2018
- NEP Scholarships and Tuition
- NEP Faculty and Staff
- Health and Fitness Clinic
- NEP Facilities
- NEP News
- NEP Alumni and Friends