BS NEP Curriculum
Students must first complete 60 credit hours in lower-division courses. Please review the program’s Admissions Information page for details on the process.
Incoming freshmen applying to the WSU Pullman campus who are interested in NEP can list their area of interest as a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition.
The program is designed for full-time students and offers primarily daytime courses. Working professionals interested in part-time enrollment are encouraged to meet with the academic coordinator to discuss how the coursework may fit into your schedule.
Students complete 65 credit hours in upper-division courses on the Spokane Campus to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology. Students must also complete the University Writing Portfolio and capstone (CAPS as part of the UCORE requirement). Currently NEP does not have a program specific CAPS, however, one is being developed for implementation in Spring 2018.
- NEP 320 Strength Training and Conditioning: Theory and Application
- NEP 340 Foods with Application to Physical Activity
- NEP 362 Biomechanical Analysis
- NEP 400 Macronutrient Metabolism
- NEP 402 Vitamin and Mineral Metabolism
- NEP 427 Nutrition Assessment and Lifestyle Counseling
- NEP 435 Exercise, Diet, and Disease
- NEP 450 Management and Facilities (take MMGT 301 instead)
- NEP 458 Exercise and Nutrition through the Lifespan
- NEP 463 Advanced Exercise Physiology
- NEP 476 Exercise Testing and Prescription
- NEP 478 ECG, Medications, and Procedures
- NEP 479 / 482 Nutrition and Exercise Practicum I&II
- NEP 480 Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- NEP 489 Internship Seminar
- NEP 490 Internship