BS in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
The BS in NEP at Washington State University Spokane (WSUS) has a unique focus on the preparation of students for exercise and nutrition-related careers in disease prevention and rehabilitation, as well as corporate, private health and fitness industries. In addition, it provides the student with the basic scientific preparation necessary for the pursuit of advanced degrees in exercise science, nutrition, or other allied health and medical fields.
The BS NEP degree offers an interdisciplinary evaluation of the multiple effects of nutrition and physical activity on the health of individuals. Areas of study include exercise science, human nutrition, biological sciences, and social/psychological sciences and environmental factors. Students gain experiential learning through laboratories and practicum focusing on exercise physiology and nutrition, followed by a semester-long internship.
The Broad Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) of the BS NEP are to:
- Integrate foundational information to allow students to obtain professions and professional certifications in nutrition and exercise physiology.
- Critically analyze and apply scientific data and clinical information to develop innovative and ethical evidence-based practices in nutrition and exercise physiology.
- Demonstrate effective culturally competent communication skills orally and in writing for specific audiences.
- Demonstrate professional standards and strive to exceed them.
Department of Nutrition & Exercise Physiology
Spokane Health Education and Research Building
- BS NEP Overview
- BS NEP Prereqs and Curriculum
- ACSM Certification
- BS NEP Admissions and Application Information