Health and Fitness Clinic
The clinic will open again in the spring semester Jan. 8 – April 25, 2018.
The goal of the NEP Health & Fitness clinic is to help you take steps to reduce your risk factors for chronic disease, such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease by improving eating habits and increasing physical activity. The Clinic is the experiential learning component of the NEP senior year practicum courses (NEP 479/482) that provide students with hands-on experience in exercise and nutrition assessment, counseling and programming.
The Clinic will run on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:10 p.m. – 1:40 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. for the academic year. These four blocks of time are designed so that clinic participation is flexible and individualized to your personal goals.
When you sign up, you work with a supervised student wellness coach who will complete a thorough health screening followed by a comprehensive diet and fitness assessment. Participants are then able to engage with their student coach in the three major activities below, depending on time and interest.
Contact the Clinic
Mondays and Wednesdays
12:10 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Spokane Health Education and Research Building (SHER)
665 N. Riverpoint Blvd.
- Nutrition and Exercise Physiology – Overview
- NEP Chair’s Welcome
- BS Nutrition and Exercise Physiology Overview
- MS CPD Nutrition and Exercise Physiology Overview
- MS NEP and PhD NEP (New in Fall 2018)
- NEP Scholarships and Tuition
- NEP Faculty and Staff
- Health and Fitness Clinic
- NEP Facilities
- NEP News
- NEP Alumni and Friends
Group Exercise Sessions
- Appropriate for all levels of fitness
- Improve aerobic health, muscular strength, and flexibility in a group setting
- Learn to exercise safely
One-on-One Wellness Coaching
- Individualized exercise monitoring
- Nutrition counseling and exercise prescription
- Learn about nutrition and exercise recommendations
- Learn about risk factors for chronic disease