Ahmed Salahudeen, MD
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston | Houston, Texas
Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, 2013–2016
Texas Tech University Health Science Center | Lubbock, Texas
Doctor of Medicine, 2009-2013
Tulane University | New Orleans, Louisiana
Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience 2004-2008
Minor, Studio Art
What inspired you to pursue medicine?
Serving the community and caring for others is important to me and thus a big inspiration for pursuing medicine, but what makes medicine so special are the intimate, always meaningful, sometimes strange, heartwarming at times, but other times, heartrending, entries into the life of a patient. Each day brings unpredictable moments, fascinating stories and unforgettable people.
What are your passions and hobbies outside of work?
Getting outside as much as possible in the great PNW. If I’m not outdoors, you might find me doodling something silly to make friends/family laugh or I might be slaving away on a large painting. If I’m not getting in trouble for spilling paint on the wood floor, I might be wailing on my saxophone. I’m also very passionate about 80’s music and I never skip leg day.
What do you enjoy most about practicing in the Snohomish County and Everett area as well as its community?
A day doesn’t pass that I’m not amazed by the incredibly compassionate, collegial and civic-minded folks of Snohomish County. The region has an incredible ethos and it’s an honor to serve its community.
What would you do if you hadn’t pursued medicine?
A creative director of some kind, likely animation, specifically CGI films.
- Kukreja K, Yu P, Maiti A, Salahudeen AA, Goyal D, and Rahimi E. Duodenal Bezoar Following Pyloric-Exclusion Gastrojejunostomy. J Clin Gastroenterol Dig Disord 2018: 4-6.
- Salahudeen AA, Mistry T. Gastroparesis as the Sole Presenting Feature of Neuromyelitis Optica. ACG Case Reports Journal. 2017;4:e109. doi:10.14309/crj.2017.109.
- Shafaee MN, Salahudeen AA, Valero V. Skin Necrosis After Ado-Trastuzumab Emtansine Extravasation. J Oncol Pract 2017; 13:555.
- Franco AJ, Chen C, Scullen T, Zsombok A, Salahudeen AA, Di S, Herman JP, Tasker JG. Sensitization of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis in a Male Rat Chronic Stress Model. Endocrinology. 2016 Jun; 157(6):2346-55. doi: 10.1210/en.2015-1641.
- Goyal R, Salahudeen AA, Jansen M. Engineering a prokaryotic Cys-loop receptor with a third functional domain. J Biol Chem. 2011 Oct 7; 286(40):34635-42.
Ahmed Salahudeen, MD