Blair Washington, MD, MHA, FACOG, FACS
- MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- MHA, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- BA, Anthropology (with honors), Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
RESIDENCY & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Women & Infants’ Hospital of Rhode Island, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, The Stamford Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Stamford, CT
- General Surgery, Howard University, Washington DC
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2017 “Top Doctor” Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
- 2013-2015 & 2017 “Top Doctor” Seattle Magazine
- 2012 American College of Surgeons/American Urogynecologic Society Health Policy Fellow
- 2009-2011 Fellow Excellence-in-Teaching Award, Women and Infants’ Hospital
- 2011 Top Fellow Teacher of the Year, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- 2009 Best Manuscript, American Urogynecologic Society Outstanding Science Award
- 2009 Top Fellow Teacher of the Year, Women and Infants’ Resident Medical Education
- 2009 Top Fellow Teacher of the Year, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- 2008 Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Hugh K. Miller Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2007 Resident Teaching Award, Hugh K. Miller Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2006 Resident Scholar Award, American Urogynecologic Society
- Surgeon member of the International Organization for Women and Development Annual Fistula Mission to Rwanda since 2009
- Scholarship Committee Chair and member Greater Seattle Chapter of the Links Incorporated
Sung VW, Washington BB, Raker C. Costs of Ambulatory Care Related to Female Pelvic Floor Disorders in the United States Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010; 202(5):483.e1-4.
Washington BB, Raker CA, Fox W, Ajayi GO, Sung VW. Barriers to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Utilization for the Treatment of Female Urinary Incontinence. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 205(2):152.e1-9.
Rahn DD, Mamik MM, Sanses TV, Matteson KA, Aschkenazi SO, Washington BB, Steinberg AC, Harvie HS, Lukban JC, Balk EM, Uhlig K, Sung VW. Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Gynecologic Surgery: Systematic Review and Practice Guidelines Obstet Gynecol 2011; 118(5):1111-1125.
Wheeler T, Murphy M, Rogers RG, Gala R, Washington BB, Bradley L, Uhlig K. Clinical Practice Guideline for Uterine Bleeding, Hysterectomy, Medical Treatment, Levonorgestrel Releasing Intrauterine System. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2012;19(1):81-8.
Washington BB, Raker CA, Mishra, K, Sung VW. Variables Impacting Care-seeking for Pelvic Floor Disorders Among African American Women. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2013:19(2) 98-102.
Washington BB, Raker CA, Kabeja GA, Kay A, Hampton BS. Demographic and Delivery Characteristics Associated with Obstetric Fistula in Kagali, Rwanda. Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2015:129(1):34-7.
Jeppson PC, Balgobin S, Washington BB, Hill AJ, Lewicky-Gaupp C, Wheeler T 2nd, Ridgeway B, Mazloomdoost D, Balk EM, Corton MM, DeLancey J; Society of Gynecologic Surgeons Pelvic Anatomy Group. Recommended standardized terminology of the anterior female pelvis based on a structured medical literature review. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Jul;219(1):26-39.
- Evaluation and Management of Fecal Incontinence. Women and Infants’ Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Resident Core Curriculum. Providence, RI (June, 2009)
- Pessaries, Robots, Slings & Things: An Introduction to Urogynecology. Providence St. Patrick Hospital Grand Rounds. Wenatchee, WA (March, 2014)
- Obstetric Fistula in the Developing World. Seattle Gynecologic Society. Seattle, WA (September, 2015)
- Childbirth Injury & The Pelvic Floor. What is Cosmopolitan Magazine Talking About? Columbia Basin Medical Conference. Ephrata, WA (October, 2016)
- Female Urinary Incontinence: Evaluation and Management. Anchorage Family Medicine Conference. Anchorage, AK (March, 2017)
- Approach to the Repair of Chronic Perineal Lacerations and Rectovaginal Fistula (RVF). American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting. Providence, RI (October, 2017)
- A Review of the Quality Payment Program and the Merit-based Incentive Payment System for the Urogynecologist. American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting. Providence, RI (October, 2017)