Faculty and Staff Directory
Blair Washington, MD, MHA, FACOG, FACS
Associate Director, Scholarship Education
- MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- MHA, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- BA, Anthropology (with honors), Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
RESIDENCY & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Women & Infants’ Hospital of Rhode Island, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, The Stamford Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Stamford, CT
- General Surgery, Howard University, Washington DC
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2017 “Top Doctor” Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
- 2013-2015 & 2017 “Top Doctor” Seattle Magazine
- 2012 American College of Surgeons/American Urogynecologic Society Health Policy Fellow
- 2009-2011 Fellow Excellence-in-Teaching Award, Women and Infants’ Hospital
- 2011 Top Fellow Teacher of the Year, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- 2009 Best Manuscript, American Urogynecologic Society Outstanding Science Award
- 2009 Top Fellow Teacher of the Year, Women and Infants’ Resident Medical Education
- 2009 Top Fellow Teacher of the Year, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- 2008 Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Hugh K. Miller Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2007 Resident Teaching Award, Hugh K. Miller Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2006 Resident Scholar Award, American Urogynecologic Society
- Surgeon member of the International Organization for Women and Development Annual Fistula Mission to Rwanda since 2009
- Scholarship Committee Chair and member Greater Seattle Chapter of the Links Incorporated
- Sung VW, Washington BB, Raker C. Costs of Ambulatory Care Related to Female Pelvic Floor Disorders in the United States Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010; 202(5):483.e1-4.
- Washington BB, Raker CA, Fox W, Ajayi GO, Sung VW. Barriers to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Utilization for the Treatment of Female Urinary Incontinence. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 205(2):152.e1-9.
- Rahn DD, Mamik MM, Sanses TV, Matteson KA, Aschkenazi SO, Washington BB, Steinberg AC, Harvie HS, Lukban JC, Balk EM, Uhlig K, Sung VW. Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Gynecologic Surgery: Systematic Review and Practice Guidelines Obstet Gynecol 2011; 118(5):1111-1125.
- Wheeler T, Murphy M, Rogers RG, Gala R, Washington BB, Bradley L, Uhlig K. Clinical Practice Guideline for Uterine Bleeding, Hysterectomy, Medical Treatment, Levonorgestrel Releasing Intrauterine System. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2012;19(1):81-8.
- Washington BB, Raker CA, Mishra, K, Sung VW. Variables Impacting Care-seeking for Pelvic Floor Disorders Among African American Women. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2013:19(2) 98-102.
- Washington BB, Raker CA, Kabeja GA, Kay A, Hampton BS. Demographic and Delivery Characteristics Associated with Obstetric Fistula in Kagali, Rwanda. Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2015:129(1):34-7.
- Jeppson PC, Balgobin S, Washington BB, Hill AJ, Lewicky-Gaupp C, Wheeler T 2nd, Ridgeway B, Mazloomdoost D, Balk EM, Corton MM, DeLancey J; Society of Gynecologic Surgeons Pelvic Anatomy Group. Recommended standardized terminology of the anterior female pelvis based on a structured medical literature review. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Jul;219(1):26-39.
- Evaluation and Management of Fecal Incontinence. Women and Infants’ Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Resident Core Curriculum. Providence, RI (June, 2009)
- Pessaries, Robots, Slings & Things: An Introduction to Urogynecology. Providence St. Patrick Hospital Grand Rounds. Wenatchee, WA (March, 2014)
- Obstetric Fistula in the Developing World. Seattle Gynecologic Society. Seattle, WA (September, 2015)
- Childbirth Injury & The Pelvic Floor. What is Cosmopolitan Magazine Talking About? Columbia Basin Medical Conference. Ephrata, WA (October, 2016)
- Female Urinary Incontinence: Evaluation and Management. Anchorage Family Medicine Conference. Anchorage, AK (March, 2017)
- Approach to the Repair of Chronic Perineal Lacerations and Rectovaginal Fistula (RVF). American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting. Providence, RI (October, 2017)
- A Review of the Quality Payment Program and the Merit-based Incentive Payment System for the Urogynecologist. American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting. Providence, RI (October, 2017)