Claire Fung, MD, MPH
Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA – Residency, Family Medicine, 2009 – 2012
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA – MD/MPH Medicine, 2005 – 2009
- McGill University, Montreal, QC – BSc, Anatomy and Cell Biology, 2000 – 2004
Past Academic Positions
- Family Medicine Resident Continuity Clinic, Clinical Instructor/Preceptor, University of Washington Family Medicine Residency, 2013 – Present
- Family Medicine Chief Resident/Instructor/Preceptor, University of Washington Family Medicine Residency, 2012 – 2013
- Inpatient/Outpatient Adult Medicine, Senior Resident, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, 2010 – 2012
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine II, Substitute Mentor, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2012
- Problem-Based Learning, Small Groups Leader, Tulane University School of Medicine, 2008 – 2009
- Sanford, C., Fung, C., Sherwood, J.K., McDonald, A., Tobiason, E., Norris, T.E. (2016) The Formation of a Self-Funded Global Health Fellowship within a Department of Family Medicine. International Journal of Travel Medicine and Global Health. 4(2):4752.
- Sanford, C., Fung, C. (2016) Illness in the Returned Traveler. Medical Clinics of North America. Mar; 100 (2): 393-409.
- Sanford, C., Fung, C. (2015) Chapter 36: Illness in the Returning Traveler, In: Essential Clinical Global Health. 1st Ed., Wiley Blackwell. 461-474.
- Brown, J.K.*, Fung, C*. Tailor, C.S. (2006) Comprehensive mapping of receptor-functioning domains in feline leukemia virus subgroup C receptor FLVCR1. Journal of Virology. *co-first authors.
- National Competition on Medical and Health Education Reform, Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center, First Place Winner $5,000, 2009
- MD/MPH Endowed Hayward Scholar in Genetics, Tulane University, $10,000 Scholarship, 2008 – 2009
- Community Outreach Award, American Academy of Family Physicians, Travel Award, 2008
Major Leadership Positions:
- January, 2017 – Present: Chair, Department of Family Medicine, The Everett Clinic, Everett, WA
- July, 2012 – July, 2013: Family Medicine Chief Resident, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 2007 – Present: American Academy of Family Physicians Member
- 2009 – Present: Washington Academy of Family Physicians Member
- 2007 – Present: Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Member
Abstracts, Poster Presentations and Exhibits Presented at Professional Meetings
- Fung C, Sanford C, Norris T. How to create a non-ACGME Fellowship in 10 Easy Steps. Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference. San Antonio, TX. May 4, 2014.
- Sanford C, Fung C, Clawson K. Teaching Global Health at a Family Medicine Residency. Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference. Seattle, WA. April 27, 2012.
- Chunchu K, Kelly K, Fung C. Experiences in Creating a Family Medicine Department Fair. Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference. New Orleans, LA. April 28, 2011.
- Fung C, Schumer J. Jumpstarting Medical Education. Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center Education Reform Symposium. Rochester, MN. April 26-28, 2009.
- Fung C, Hall K, King S, Schumer J, Sokol R, Tharayil M, Larrison SB. JumpStart Pierre Part: the role of the family physician in creating a sustainable community health network. Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Conference on Families and Health. New Orleans, LA. March 1, 2008.
- Fung C, Landry M, Jones TM, Rosenburg E, Chen I, Caudill S, Block JP, DeSalvo KB. Are we preparing internists to treat the obesity epidemic?. Society for General Internal Medicine, Southern Regional Meeting. New Orleans, LA. February 22, 2008.
Claire Fung, MD, MPH