Delaney Goulet, MD, FACP
Portland State University: BS
University of Washington School of Medicine: MD
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University: Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency
What inspired you to pursue medicine?
My attraction to medicine was twofold. First, I enjoyed the daily connection with patients and the camaraderie among colleagues, and second, I developed a passion for the amazing physiology of the human body.
What are your passions and hobbies outside of work?
I love spending time with my family, first and foremost! As a family we love being out on the water, crabbing, fishing, or just relaxing. I enjoy playing basketball, being outside, and doing arts and crafts.
What do you enjoy most about practicing in the Snohomish County and Everett area as well as its community?
I think we serve a wonderful population of patients in need of significant healthcare. We see end stage disease presentations that one might think you would see in more rural locations, but our hospital also has the resources to treat their problems in almost all cases and we do not have to refer many patients out of our system. We see diversity in socioeconomic status and language, as well as health literacy and education. Our providers and nursing staff are incredibly patient centered in their goals, and I appreciate the collegiality and lack of ego among providers.
What would you do if you hadn’t pursued medicine?
I think I would have pursued a short career playing basketball overseas, and then probably gone into veterinary medicine!
- LaBarbera V, Goulet DC. Secondary Megacystic Megaureter and Giant Hydronephrosis Presenting as Hematemesis. RI Med J (2013). 2019 Nov 1;102 (9):40-42.
- Geng, L, Conway, D, Barnhart, S, et al. Behcet’s Disease With Major Vascular Involvement. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Nov 8; 2013
- Delaney Conway, MD, Charis Gn, MD, So Yeon Paek, MD, Anthony Reginato, MD, PhD, Abrar Qureshi MD, MPH, Outcomes from a Tertiary Center Combined Rheumatology-Dermatology Clinic. Annual International
Meeting of the Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA), July 2016, Miami, FL
- From Twitter to Testimony: Empowering the Busy Physician to Get Involved in Legislative Advocacy. Workshop, SGIM National Meeting, April 2018, Denver, CO.Empowering Action: Internal Medicine Resident Advocacy Curriculum.
- Oral Presentation, Regional SGIM Meeting. October 2017, Boston, MA.
Best oral presentation award out of all curricular innovations.
Delaney Goulet, MD, FACP
Associate Program Director