Durai Sellegounder, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Alagappa University, India Ph.D
Annamalai University, India M.Sc
Past Academic Positions
Dr. D S Kothari Postdoctoral fellow, University of Hyderabad
- Yiyong L , Durai S, and Jingru S (2016) Neuronal GPCR OCTR-1 regulates innate immunity by controlling protein synthesis in Caenorhabditis elegans Sci. Rep. 6, 36832; doi: 10.1038/srep36832
- Vigneshkumar B, Durai S, Suman K and Balamurugan K (2016) Proteome Analysis Reveals Translational Inhibition of Caenorhabditis elegans enhances susceptibility to Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 pathogenesis. Journal of Proteomics 145, 141–152
- JebaMercy G; Durai S; Prithika U; Marudhupandiyan S; Pushpanjali D; Suman K and Balamurugan K (2016) Role of DAF-21 protein in Caenorhabditis elegans immunity against Proteus mirabilis infection. (Equal contribution with first author) Journal of Proteomics 145 (2016) 81–90
- Durai S, Nirpendra S, Suman K and Balamurugan K, (2014) Proteomic investigation in Caenorhabditis elegans against Vibrio alginolyticus infection revealed regulation of cellular homeostasis proteins and their role in supporting innate immune system, Proteomics 14:1820-32
- Durai S, Vigneshwari L and Balamurugan K (2013). Caenorhabditis elegans based in vivo screening of bioactives from marine sponge associated bacteria against Vibrio alginolyticus Journal of Applied Microbiology 115 (6): 1329-1342.
- Dr. D S Kothari postdoctoral fellowship by University Grants Commission (UGC), Govt. of India
- International Travel Grant by Indian Council of Medical research to attend and present poster in 15th International Congress on Infectious Disease held in Bangkok, Thailand
- Senior Scholarship in Science Funded by Lady Tata Memorial Trust, India