Elham Rahmati, MD, MPH
- July 2015 – June 2017: Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- June 2012 – June 2015: Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
- January 2008 – March 2012: Doctor of Medicine, Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, West Indie
- July 2004 – May 2007: Master of Public Health, John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland
- May 1999 – May 2001: Master of Science, Physician Assistant Practice, Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, Illinois
- June 1994 – December 1996: Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Past Academic Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor UCSF, Fresno
Honors and Awards
- CDC IDSA Clinician On-Call Volunteer Program certificate of appreciation 2021
Naeem F, Vijayan V, Kim B, Rahmati E, McCarty J. Congenital coccidioidomycosis: A case report and review of the literature. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society 2021 May 10. PMID: 33969875.
Wormser V, Li ZY, Libke R, Rahmati E. Miliary pattern pulmonary infiltrates in diabetic patient: Coccidioidomycosis. ID cases. 2020 Oct 1; 22. E00977. PMID: 33083229.
Rahmati E, Correa AJ, She RC. A budding case of endocarditis: Candida lusitaniae. ID cases. 2020; 19. E00679. PMID: 31908943.
Rahmati E, del Castillo M, Nanda N. Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Diseases Text Book – Tenth Edition. 2019 April 15. Transplant Patients and Tropical Diseases. Chapter 159; 1128-31. ISBN: 9780323555128.
Ashraf Z, Rahmati E, Bender JM, Nanda N, She RC. GDH and Toxin Immunoassay for the Diagnosis of Clostridioides (Clostridium) difficile Infection Is Not a ‘One Size Fit All’ Screening Test. Diag Microbio Infect Disease 2018 Dec 29. PMID: 30696609.
Rahmati E, Blodget E, She RC, Cupo Abbott J, Bonomo RA, Spellberberg B. Treatment of Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Infections with Ceftazidime-Avibactam. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 Fall; 4(Suppl 1): S286. Online 2017 Oct 4. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofx163.644. PMCID: PMC5632115. (Abstract)
Rahmati E, She RC, Kazmierski B, Geiseler PJ, Wong D. A case of liver abscess and Fusobacterium septicemia. ID Cases. 2017 July; 9:98-100. PMID: 28736715.
Rahmati E, Geiseler PJ, She RC. Lower extremity mycotic aneurysm in a patient with Listeria monocytogenes–associated prosthetic valve endocarditis. JMM Case Reports. 2017 May 9; 4(5): e005095. PMID 29026622.
Rahmati E, Martin V, Wong D, Sattler F, Petterson J, Ward P, Butler-Wu SM, She RC. Facklamia Species as an Under-recognized Pathogen. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 Jan; 4(1):ofw272. PMID: 28480264.
Elham Rahmati MD, MPH
Clinical Assistant Professor