Faculty and Staff Directory
Jamie Litvack, MD, MS, FARS
Faculty Lead, Surgical Subspecialties
- MD, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- MS, Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
- BA, Comparative Religion, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
RESIDENCY & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Clinical Fellowship, Rhinology & Skull Base Surgery, Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Research Fellowship, T32 NIH Extramural Training Program, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Residency, Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Internship, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
HONORS & AWARDS
- Women In Otolaryngology Leadership Program, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Cottle Clinical Research Award, American Rhinologic Society
- CORE Grant Recipient, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Foundation
- Hobart Armory Hare Honor Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Chair, Section of Women In Otolaryngology, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Founding Member, Women In Rhinology, American Rhinologic Society
- Former Committee Chair, Resident and Fellows-in-Training Committee, American Rhinologic Society
- Marra C, Maxwell C, Ramchandani M, Tantalo L, Sahi S, Dunaway S, Litvack J. Hearing loss in individuals at risk for neurosyphilis. International Journal of STD & AIDS 2020; 31(12): 1178-1185. (PMID: 32928054)
- Maxwell JH, Randall JA, Dermody SM, Hussaini A, Rao HR, Nathan A, Malekzadeh S, Litvack JR. Gender and compensation among surgical specialties in the Veterans Health Administration. American Journal of Surgery 2020; 220(2): 256-261.
- Ramchandani M, Litvack JR, Marra CM. Otosyphilis: A review of the literature. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2020; 47(5): 296-300.
- Meyer TK, Bergmark R, Zatz M, Sardesai M, Litvack JR, Acosta AS. Barriers Pushed Aside: Insights on Career and Family Success from Women Leaders in Academic Otolaryngology. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 2019; 161(2): 257-264.
- Litvack JR, Wick E, Whipple M. Trends in Female Leadership at High-Profile Otolaryngology Journals, 1997-2017. Laryngoscope 2019; 129:2031-2035.
- Theeuwen H, Whipple M, Litvack JR. Otosyphilis: Resurgence of an Old Disease. Laryngoscope 2019; 129: 1680-1684.
- Dermody SM, Litvack JR, Randall JA, Malekzadeh S, Maxwell J. Compensation of Otolaryngologists in the Veterans Health Administration: Is there a gender gap? Laryngoscope 2019: 129:113-118.
- Remenschneider AK, D’Amico L, Litvack JR, Gray ST, Holbrook EH, Gliklich R, Metson R. Long-term outcomes in sinus surgery: A new tool for measuring health-related quality of life. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 2014; 151:164-170.
- Litvack JR, Mace JC, Smith TL. Role of depression in outcomes of endoscopic sinus surgery. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 2011; 144(3): 446-451.
- Smith TL, Litvack JR, Hwang PH, Loehrl TA, Mace J, Fong KJ, James KE. Determinants of outcomes of sinus surgery: A multi-institutional prospective cohort study. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 2010; 142(1): 55-63.
- Litvack JR, Mace JC, Smith TL. Does olfactory function improve after endoscopic sinus surgery? Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 2009; 140(3): 312-319.
- Litvack JR, Fong KJ, Mace JC, James KE, Smith TL. Predictors of olfactory dysfunction in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Laryngoscope 2008; 118(12): 2225-2230.
- Poetker DM, Litvack JR, Mace JC, Smith TL. Recurrent acute rhinosinusitis: Presentation and outcomes of sinus surgery. American Journal of Rhinology 2008; 22(3): 329-333.
- Litvack JR, Griest SE, James KE, Smith TL. Endoscopic and quality-of-life outcomes after revision endoscopic sinus surgery. Laryngoscope 2007; 117(12): 2233-2238.
- Robinson JL, Griest SE, James KE, Smith TL. Impact of aspirin intolerance on outcomes of sinus surgery. Laryngoscope 2007; 117(5): 828-830.
- Olson K & Litvack J. Mind the Gap: Career and Financial Success for Women in Medicine (Chapter 11). In C.M. Stonnington, J.A. Stiles (Eds.), Burnout in Women Physicians. Worldwide: Springer Nature, 2020.
NEWS & MEDIA
- Recurring Guest, Doctor Radio Show, Sirius XM. (11/18/2020, 6/17/2020, 10/16/2019, 5/28/2019, 1/17/2018, 5/17/ 2017, 11/30/2016, 10/5/2016)
- “Counseling Patients on Safe Nasal Irrigation,” ENTtoday, February 6, 2019.