Faculty and Staff Directory
Janet Beary, Ph.D., RDN, CHES
Clinical Associate Professor; Program Director, MS CPD
- Oregon State University, Ph.D., Public Health
- Kansas State University, M.S., Institutional Management and Dietetics
- Southwestern Adventist University, B.S., Biology
Past Academic Positions
- Gonzaga University, Instructor
- Oregon State University, Teaching Assistant and Health Educator
- University of Oregon, Instructor
- Beary, DF and Beary, JK Effects of Magnesium and Fluoride on Strength and Elasticity of Bone. Mag. Bul., 1981; 3:14.
- Beary, JK and Donatelle, RJ Compliance with Food Category Consumption Guidelines Based on Student Characteristics, Family Characteristics and Decision-Making Factors. 1995:95(9):A53, supplement.
- Beary, JK and Aaberg, RA The Effects of Dietary Modification on Irritative Voiding Symptoms of the Bladder. JADA 2000:100 (9): A84, supplement.
- Beary, JK and Flint, JJ. Attitudes and Behaviors of Dietetic Students and Their Educators toward Eating Disorders, DEP-LINE (Publication of the Dietetic Educators of Practitioners, Summer 2008; 29(2):7-12.
- Beary, JK, Madsen, MM, Short, RA, and Aaberg, R. Effects of Potassium on Irritative Symptoms of Bladder. JADA, 2009:109 (9): A40, supplement.
- Ward LD, Bray BS, Odom-Maryon TL. Richardson B, Purath J. Woodard LJ, Kobayashi R., Beary J, Willson MN, Clauser JM, Fitzgerald C. Development, implementation and evaluation of a longitudinal interprofessional education project. J of Interprof Educ Prac 2016 (3): 35-41.
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award for a Coordinated Program, 2017
- Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Outstanding Dietitian of the Year, 2014
- Spokane Women’s Faculty Leadership Award, 2011
- Washington Dietetic Association President’s Award for Leadership, 2007
- Zonta Award Recognizing Individuals for Their Work with Women and Children, Corvallis OR, 1991
- Who’s Who among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 1980