Jessica Kohring, MD
Faculty Co-Lead – Orthopedic Surgery
Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences
- MD, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- BS, Health & Exercise Science/Chemistry (with honors), Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
RESIDENCY & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Foot & Ankle Fellowship, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2014 L.S. Peery Foundation in Musculoskeletal Research Scholar, University of Utah Department of Orthopedics
- 2013 William Winter Memorial Award for Excellence in Orthopedics, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- 2012 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- 2006 Phi Beta Kappa Academic Honor Society, Wake Forest University
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society (RJOS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Kohring JM, Oh I, Baumhauer JF. Talar avascular necrosis after calcium phosphate injection treatment of talar bone marrow lesions: a report of 2 cases. JBJS Case Connect. 2020 Apr-Jun;10(2). PubMed PMID: 32649148.
Kohring JM, Houch JR, Oh I, Flemister AS, Ketz P, Baumhauer JF. Pattern of recovery and outcomes of patient reported physical function and pain interference after ankle fusion: a retrospective cohort study. J Patient Rep Outcomes. 2020 May 27;4(1):40. PubMed PMID: 32462241.
Kohring JM, Greenstein A, Gorczyca JT, Judd KT, Soles G, Ketz JP. Immediate improvement in physical function after symptomatic syndesmotic screw removal. J Orthop Trauma. 2020 Jun;34(6):327-331. PubMed PMID: 32433196
Kohring JM, Harrast JJ, Stotts AK, Zhang C, Millar MM, Presson AP, Saltzman CL. Resident independence performing common orthopaedic procedures at the end of training: perspective of the graduated resident. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020 Jan 2;102(1). PubMed PMID: 31567668.
Stotts AK, Kohring JM, Presson AP, Millar MM, Harrast JJ, Van Heest AE, Zhang C, Saltzman CL. Perceptions of the recommended resident experiences with common orthopaedic procedures: a survey of program directors and early practice surgeons.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2019 Jul 3;101-A(13):e63(1-11). PubMed PMID: 31274728.
Kohring JM, Pelt CE, Anderson MB, Peters CL, Gililland JM. Press Ganey outpatient medical practice survey scores do not correlate with patient-reported outcomes after primary joint arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Mar 27. PubMed ID: 29691167.
Kohring JM, Bishop MO, Presson AP, Harrast JJ, Marsh JL, Parsons TW, Saltzman CL. Operative experience during orthopaedic residency compared with early practice in the U.S. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018 Apr 4;100(7):605-616. PubMed PMID: 29613930.
Kohring JM, Erickson JA, Anderson MB, Gililland JM, Peters CL, Pelt CE. Treated versus untreated depression in total joint arthroplasty impacts outcomes. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Feb 5. PubMed PMID:29506925.
Kohring JM, Organ NG. Multimodal analgesia in foot and ankle surgery. Orthop Clin North Am. 2017 Oct;48(4): 495-505. PubMed PMID: 28870309.
Kohring JM, Curtiss HM, Tyser AR. A scaphoid stress fracture in a female collegiate-level shot-putter and review of the literature. Case Rep Orthop. 2016; Epub 2016 Aug 3. PubMed PMID: 27563477.
Thompson ME, Kohring JM, McFann K, McNair B, Hansen JK, Miller NH. Predicting excessive hemorrhage in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis patients undergoing posterior spinal instrumentation and fusion. Spine J. 2014 Aug 1;14(8):1392-8. PubMed PMID 24139751.
- Kohring JM, DiGiovanni BF. Chapter 137: Arthroscopy of the Ankle. AAOS Comprehensive Orthopaedic Review 3. 2020. Rosemont, IL: Wolters Kluwer.