Faculty and Staff Directory
K. Michelle Peavy, PhD
Department of Community and Behavioral Health
- University of Montana, Clinical Psychology, PhD
- University of Montana, Clinical Psychology, MA
- University of Washington, Psychology, BS
Past Academic Positions
- June 2021 – Present: Adjunct Faculty; College of Nursing Doctoral Program: Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner Programs, Seattle University
- December 2020 – June 2022: Research Scientist; Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, College on Problems of Drug Dependence Junior Investigator Travel Award, June 2012
- Recipient, University of Montana Graduate School Dissertation Research Award, 2007
Peavy KM, Banta-Green C. Methadone: An Old Medication with Untapped Potential. Seattle, WA: Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, April 2022. adai.uw.edu/methadone-2022.
Peavy, K.M. (2022, April 6). How to ask if they’re getting addicted. Psyche. psyche.co/guides/how-to-talk-to-someone-about-their-drug-or-alcohol-use
Peavy, K.M. (2022). Psychosocial interventions for opioid use disorder. UpToDate. uptodate.com/contents/psychosocial-interventions-for-opioid-use-disorder#!
Strain, E. & Peavy, K.M. (2022). Approach to treating opioid use disorder. UpToDate. uptodate.com/contents/approach-to-treating-opioid-use-disorder#!
Peavy KM, Banta-Green C. Understanding and Supporting Adolescents with an Opioid Use Disorder. Seattle, WA: Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute, University of Washington, June 2021. adai.uw.edu/pubs/pdf/2021AdolescentsOUD.pdf
Hatch-Maillette, M. A., Peavy, K. M., Tsui, J. I., Banta-Green, C. J., Woolworth, S., & Grekin, P. (2021). Re-thinking patient stability for methadone in opioid treatment programs during a global pandemic: Provider perspectives. Journal of substance abuse treatment, 124, 108223.
Peavy, K. M., Darnton, J., Grekin, P., Russo, M., Green, C. J. B., Merrill, J. O., … & Tsui, J. I. (2020). Rapid implementation of service delivery changes to mitigate COVID-19 and maintain access to methadone among persons with and at high-risk for HIV in an opioid treatment program. AIDS and Behavior, 24(9), 2469-2472.
- 2014 – Present: Licensed Clinical Psychologist; State of Washington (PY 60425023)
- 2017 – Present: Substance Use Disorder Professional; State of Washington (CP6055516)
- 2018 – Present: Master Addiction Counselor; National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (#511824)
K. Michelle Peavy, PhD