LAUREN SWINEFORD, PH.D., CCC-SLP
Department of Speech & Hearing Sciences
Early Social Communication and Language Lab
- Ph.D Communication Sciences and Disorders, Florida State University
- M.A. Communication Sciences and Disorders, Florida State University
- B.S. Speech Language and Hearing Sciences, Kean University
- SHS 545 Autism
- SHS 542 Infant and Toddler Language and Communication
- Prelinguistic Communication
- Social Communication
- Language Development and Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Trajectories
- Assessment and Measurement
Wavelength Article Research Citations
- Arunyanart, W., Fenick, A., Ukritchon, S., Imjaijitt, W., Northrup, V., & Weitzman, C. (2012).
Developmental and autism screening: A survey across six states. Infants & Young Children, 25(3), 175-187.
- Baio, J. (2014). Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network Surveillance Year 2010
Principal Investigators; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevalence of autism spectrum disorder among children aged 8 years—Autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, 11 sites, United States, 2010. MMWR Surveill. Summ, 63, 1-21.
- Filipek, P. A., Accardo, P. J., Ashwal, S., Baranek, G. T., Cook, E. H., Dawson, G., … & Levy,
S. E. (2000). Practice parameter: Screening and diagnosis of autism. Report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the Child Neurology Society. Neurology, 55(4), 468-479.
- Gillis, J. M. (2009). Screening practices of family physicians and pediatricians in 2 southern
states. Infants & Young Children, 22(4), 321-331.
- Guthrie, W., Dudley, J., Brooks, E., Gerdes, M., Pandey, J., Levy, S…Miller, J. (2017).
Universal screening for autism in a large healthcare system: Diagnostic outcomes after age 4 years. Oral presentation at the International Meeting for Autism Research, San Francisco, CA.
- Guthrie, W., Swineford, L. B., Nottke, C., & Wetherby, A. M. (2013). Early diagnosis of autism
spectrum disorder: stability and change in clinical diagnosis and symptom presentation. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 54(5), 582-590.
- Pierce, K., Carter, C., Weinfeld, M., Desmond, J., Hazin, R., Bjork, R., & Gallagher, N. (2011).
Detecting, studying, and treating autism early: the one-year well-baby check-up approach. The Journal of Pediatrics, 159(3), 458-465.
- Robins, D. L., Casagrande, K., Barton, M., Chen, C. M. A., Dumont-Mathieu, T., & Fein, D.
(2014). Validation of the modified checklist for autism in toddlers, revised with follow-up (M-CHAT-R/F). Pediatrics, 133(1), 37-45.
- Robins, D., Fein, D., Barton, M. (2009). Modified checklist for autism in toddlers, revised with
follow-up (M-CHAT-R/F) follow-up interview. Self-published.
- Self, T. L., Parham, D. F., & Rajagopalan, J. (2014). Autism spectrum disorder early screening
Practices: a survey of physicians. Communication Disorders Quarterly, 36(4), 195-207.
- Toh, T. H., Tan, V. W. Y., Lau, P. S. T., & Kiyu, A. (2018). Accuracy of Modified Checklist for
Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT) in detecting autism and other developmental disorders in community clinics. Journal of autism and developmental disorders, 48(1), 28-35.
- Zwaigenbaum, L., Bauman, M. L., Choueiri, R., Kasari, C., Carter, A., Granpeesheh, D., … &
Pierce, K. (2015). Early intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder under 3 years of age: recommendations for practice and research. Pediatrics, 136(Supplement 1), S60-S81.
- Zwaigenbaum, L., Bauman, M. L., Fein, D., Pierce, K., Buie, T., Davis, P. A., … & Kasari, C.
(2015). Early screening of autism spectrum disorder: recommendations for practice and research. Pediatrics, 136(Supplement 1), S41-S59.
LAUREN SWINEFORD, PH.D., CCC-SLP