Scott Schwitz, M.D.
- Doctor of Medicine, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, 2008-2012
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Chemistry, Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, 2003-2007, Minors in French, Mathematics and Physics
Past Academic Positions
Chief Resident, Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2015 – 2016
- Selected by residency leadership, faculty and residents. Scheduling, education and administrative oversight for 47 residents in addition to clinical responsibilities.
Intern Orientation Coordinator, July 2015
- Organized and executed month-long new intern orientation program including didactics, procedure labs and social events.
Resident Academic Leadership Forum, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, May 2015
- Participated in workshops on leadership, conflict management and teaching with over 150 chief residents in Emergency Medicine at a national meeting in San Diego.
Workshop Instructor, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2013 – 2015, Introduction to Emergency Medicine (MED 550)
- Quarterly hands on teaching for pre-clinical medical students in airway management, suturing, vascular access, bedside ultrasound, codes.
Resident Representative, University of Washington Housestaff Association, 2012 – 2015, University of Washington Peer Recognition Award, January 2013, February 2014
- Awarded to model residents for advancing the residency through demonstrating exceptional clinical care, professionalism or outstanding service to one’s peers.
Residency Recruitment Lead, 2012 – 2014
- Coordinated recruitment dinners for prospective residents.
- Adedipe AA, Fly DL, Schwitz SD, Jorgenson DB, Duric H, Sayre MR, Nichol G. November 2015
- Carotid Doppler Blood Flow Measurement During Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Is Feasible: A First in Man Study Resuscitation, November 2015; 96:121-5.
- Alexander W, Bammer J, Bryant K, Burns P, Haesloop O, Junck E, Moyes A, 2013-2015 Nguyen S, Schwitz S, Springston M, Totten J, Wong C, Gatewood M.
- Using dot phrases in the ED: A prospective comparison trial for improving reimbursement.
- Quality Improvement Project, Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Washington
- Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma Exam March 2014
- Online Clinical Care Advisories and Messages, University of Washington
- Echocardiography in Cardiac Arrest March 2014 Online Clinical Care Advisories and Messages, University of Washington
- Radical Additions to Cyclobutadieniron Iron Tricarbonyl Complexes 2005-2007 Senior Thesis, Department of Chemistry, Middlebury College
Scott Schwitz, M.D.