Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences
The Department of Medical Education and Clinical Sciences is a unique department within the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine that aims to prepare insightful and compassionate physicians. Designed to ensure faculty unity and continuity across a range of clinical disciplines and specialties, members of the department work to establish educational goals, plan and teach course content and conduct research.
The department’s primary focuses include:
- Delivering the MD program
- Fostering scholarship
- Providing service to the university and community
- Serving as the academic home for clinicians and researchers
Investigations conducted within the department include:
- Population-based interventions to improve health care delivery
- Clinical studies related to the delivery of personalized care
- Transdisciplinary investigations to address challenges that span science, technology, and medicine
- Training medical students in research methods to improve clinical care
- Medical education studies that lead to innovations in physician training
Want to become a preceptor?
The Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine seeks volunteers to serve as preceptors and help teach medical students.