Congratulations to our faculty, students, and internal medicine residents who were recognized for their achievements, gave presentations, and participated in the Washington Chapter’s American College of Physicians (ACP) Annual Meeting.
College of Medicine 2022 Washington Chapter Winners:
- Meghan Roberts, MD, FACP, received the Washington ACP Hospitalist of the Year. This honor is bestowed upon a hospitalist considered to be a role model by his or her peers. Winners possess excellent clinical skills, dedication to patients, enthusiasm for medical practice, leadership, and the ability to maintain humanity and a healthy balance between professional and personal interests.
- Olivia Wang, fourth-year medical student, received the Douglas S. Paauw MD Outstanding Student in Internal Medicine Award which honors the outstanding medical student of the year.
- Rachel Safran, MD, FACP, received the Washington ACP Golden Apple Award, which honors volunteer teachers who have made a substantial contribution to the education of medical or other health profession students in his/her community. Balancing teaching with all the other demands of our profession is an important contribution to the future of internal medicine.
- Matthew Hollon, MD, MPH, FACP, received the Washington ACP Laureate Award, which honors physicians who have demonstrated by their example and conduct an abiding commitment to excellence in medical care, education, or research and in service to their community, and the American College of Physicians. The awardee is a senior physician and Fellow or Master of the American College of Physicians with acknowledged excellence and peer approval in the field of internal medicine.
- John Vassall, MD, presented the “John Vassall Annual Lecture for Justice & Equity in Medicine”
- Delaney Goulet, MD, FACP, presented “Advocacy Updates”
- Henry Mroch, MD, FACP, FASN, presented “Updates in Nephrology”
- Rachel Safran, MD, FACP, presented “Articles That Changed My Practice”
Additionally, our Internal Medicine Residency Program–Everett residents, MD students and faculty enjoyed networking and learning at the conference.
Pictured above (left to right: Delaney Goulet, MD, FACP, Katie Buckman, DO, Josephine Wright, MD, Tony Huynh, DO, and Sujan Badal, MD).