Our pediatric residency program fosters connections to the community. Our smaller program size prioritizes personal experience and emphasizes education. Providing this longitudinal experience in Spokane develops pediatricians with a knowledge of our community, thus sustaining and improving the healthcare of children in the Inland Northwest
We Aim To:
- Encourage residents to be critical thinkers in a comprehensive program, producing well-rounded pediatricians who succeed in their varied postgraduate careers.
- Promote lifelong learning, leadership and self-reliance through individual ownership of resident’s clinical, scholarship, and didactic experience
- Maintain enviable faculty-to-resident ratios allowing residents to achieve early independence and competency
- Recruit, educate and retain a diverse workforce to care for the pediatric population in a pediatric medical home model
- Provide care that is family centered, comprehensive, coordinated, accessible and committed to quality and safety.
- Create a culture of safety based on trust and self-awareness of one’s limitations.
- Emphasize the role pediatricians play in advocating for children and caring for underserved populations.
Salary & Benefits
Washington State University, Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine offers a variety of comprehensive benefits to eligible trainees (residents and fellows) and their families.
Living in Spokane, WA
Incredible views, rich culture history, and four-season attributes, Spokane mingles it all.