Family Medicine Residency Program – Pullman
Residents at the Family Medicine Residency Program located in Pullman, Washington will learn to excel as rural physicians. They will learn to manage their patients’ full spectrum of health care needs as well.
MISSION & VISION
Our mission is to develop exceptional family medicine physicians who are ideally suited for rural practice.
We train family medicine physicians to:
- Provide comprehensive care for patients throughout their continuum of life
- Lead multidisciplinary teams within a patient-centered care model
- Serve diverse populations in rural communities
- Embrace lifelong learning with a continual growth mindset
- Training at an unopposed critical access hospital where residents will have ample opportunities to experience the full range of family medicine practice
- A high faculty-to-resident ratio means trainees get abundant one-on-one mentoring
- Extensive emergency department training
- Exposure to collegiate athletes in sports medicine rotations
- Opportunity to help shape a new residency program
We have three residents per year, with nine total.
Residents will train at Pullman Regional Hospital and its associated clinics. Pullman Regional is a 25-bed critical access hospital in the gorgeous Palouse region of eastern Washington. The hospital overlooks the Washington State University Pullman campus. Physicians and staff have a long history of teaching and eagerly seek to engage learners any time a unique case presents itself. As the only residency program on site, our family medicine residents are the hospital’s top priority for educational experiences.